Sunday, June 15, 2008

happy father's day

Today was Paul's first father's day and I forgot to tell him Happy Father's Day until we were at church! He thought it was really funny. It was a crazy morning! Besides my absent-mindedness, Paul is an amazing father. Everyday I am more and more impressed with the role he plays in Dane's life. He is Mr. Mom in the morning and does it better than I ever expected. I've had people in the neighborhood comment to me about seeing him go on walks with Dane to the park and how shocked they are because most dads wouldn't think about doing that on their own free will. He loves spending time with Dane and will fight with me about who gets to get him up from his nap. I love to see Dane get excited to see his dad. He loves Paul so much, as do I. Thanks, Paul for all you do for our family. We love you!
We are trying to teach Dane how to drink out of a sippy cup. Paul was giving Dane a demonstration. I wonder if he is going to laugh at us everytime we try to teach him something new?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpS6l5NGogg

2 comments:

Em said...

ah, baby laughs. one of the greatest sounds around.

Will said...

That was too cute!