Monday, October 10, 2011

Rio day 5 - catch up day

I welcome down days after a few busy days. Today we returned our rental car - $100+ for 2 days, but over $60 in gas! Yikes. Transportation here is EXPENSIVE. Except our plane tickets between cities (like $140 for all 3 of us!). After returning our car, we went to Roberto's apartment where Dane and I have spent the day here while the others went to the office to work. Very different from the beach house. Constant noise, horns, delivery trucks, etc and the view of the next apartment building across the street. Not the tranquil crash of waves and blue sea to look at. I prefer the beach house.

After doing some work, i decided to get caught up on here. And since nothing else happened today other than a lot of sitting around and Dane keep saying "I want to go home", i'll post just a few random pics that haven't been included yet.

Here is the bouquet that paul's coworkers brought to me at the airport. So thoughtful.
Family time at the beach.
We finally got Dane some beach toys so he was thrilled.
More playing.
This is taken from the living room into the kitchen. Dane's playing "Angry birds, i'm making something and who knows what Patrick is doing...
Sunset. I'll get better pics of these. The sun goes down so early - like 530. And is up by about 5am.
Dane got the camera and kept himself busy while i did a little work. As you can tell by my face, not my favorite time of the day but something that needs to be done.
And this is one of my favorite pics. Love this little boy!

No comments: