Monday, October 10, 2011

Rio day 4 - Sunday feast

Today (Oct 9) was Sunday. Paul, Dane and I went to a local Brazilian ward. Dane wasn't too hot on not being able to understand anything. I was glad it was testimony meeting because I was able to understand a lot more than I thought. I decided to share my testimony. I cried. Brought back a lot of feelings from the mission. And there were two missionaries with their investigator there. So tender. As soon as I started talking, the room was silent. I think there is something about the spirit when someone is talking about the gospel in a language they don't understand. The spirit can speak stronger than anything that's actually said. Next week is stake conference. If we have a car (since it's a 25 min car ride away) Paul will go, but I dont think Dane will make it through 2 hours of Portuguese church.

Patrick, Paul's business partner is staying at the house with us. He invited a friend of his over and we also invited the corporate employee (Roberto) and his wife (Flor) to stay. It was nice having company.
Here we are just getting ready to eat. (Dane was napping.)
And this is what we ate. So yummy! Flor made a traditional brazilian dish with chicken, rice, beans.

And then we had to do a little laundry because we are leaving for the week to go to see some historical sites and for Paul to do a couple of meetings in other cities. It's been a LONG time since I've had to hang my laundry out to dry. Off for more adventures...

1 comment:

Casey said...

oh my goodness- i forgot how much i love rice and beans with farofa on top. please keep posting a lot so that i can dream and travel vicariously through looking at your blog. beach house in rio sounds divine after driving through blizzards around cedar city a couple days ago. hope you guys are having a good experience.