Wednesday, December 10, 2008

modern medicine

I'm grateful for modern medicine. Without, i would have been a widow at 27. Instead I have loving husband and a beautiful little boy that I adore. Paul is in surgery again right now trying to fix a hernia caused by his new kidney. It's nothing serious but something that needed to be fixed before it became serious. It was 3 years ago on the 13th that paul received his transplant. It looks like December is now his month for surgeries.

I'm grateful for life, grateful for doctors and especially grateful to family and friends that help and support us during these events in our lives. Thanks, everyone!

2 comments:

Team Clark said...

Oh, Mieka - I've been worried about you guys since I read that thing about the hospital yesterday. Is everything going well?
I double your praise for modern medicine!

kellie bee said...

Having our family safe and healthy is the best Christmas gift! We can't wait to see you, and hope Paul heals up well.