Sunday, October 5, 2008

first word


I just love this photo so i thought i'd post it even though it has nothing to do with this post.
On Friday Dane officially said his first word. Paul was out of town so my friend Jennifer was over. I had given Dane his bath and we were standing outside his room. I told him to tell Jennifer "night, night". He usually waves to tell anyone goodbye or goodnight so that's what I was expecting. All the sudden he says "nigh, nigh". Jennifer and I looked at each other, mouths gaping open. Was that really his first word? Yep! He has since said it both Saturday and Sunday nights before going to bed.
Paul has been working with him every day to say 'dada' but 'nigh, nigh' won out. I know it's just the first word but it was really exciting. Soon we won't get the kid to be quiet.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I love it! Sierra's says it too.

Marni Bown said...

I can't believe how big he is. I recently joined the blogging world and found your blog. Mine is marniandbrian.blogspot.com. Love the breastpump entry too.

Hansen Family said...

Hi Mieka! I recently found your blog through Emily and was shocked to se that he is 1 already. You have a beautiful family.

R & R Bennion said...

Mieka, I can't believe Dane is 1!
You were just at my house and he was brand new. He is darling and has a smile to die for. Found your blog from Marni and added you to mine. Take care. Remeber to eat up every day with Dane is goes by fast!! Robyn

Doug & Stef said...

Hi mieka! just found your's through lisa - what a cutie dane still is. such cute hair!

Team Clark said...

Hooray for Paul!
That's great!

Rachel said...

Aww, I love "nigh, nigh." Ethan says it too. I catch myself wishing Micah would be quiet for two seconds but it is really nice when they can tell you what is in the depths of their little hearts and minds.