Monday, October 27, 2008

empty lot = empty conversation

This is a portion of the conversation today while on a walk with Dane. You be the judge, do we have communication issues?

Mieka: I wonder when they are going to build on this lot. It's huge! Do you think that it's one lot or two?
A pause - and inspection of lot size.
Mieka: I bet just one. Too small to be two.

Three houses later...

Paul: Hey, someone told me there was an empty lot on this street. I wonder where it is.
Mieka: Are you serious?
Paul: yeah. (Starts looking around).
Mieka: We just passed it. We had a conversation about it.
Paul: We did??? No. Really?
Mieka: Yeah. (And then repeats the above conversation).
Paul: Really? I didn't see it.
Mieka: We're going back.

Upon arrival of the empty lot Paul looks around, nods and says "hmmm, interesting." And keeps walking.

So what's worse, Paul doesn't remember the conversation or Paul didn't even notice the large, empty lot? :) I love my husband.

6 comments:

Marni Bown said...

I am so glad that someone else has this issue. We will plan and arrange things and I think we are totally on the same page until he has no clue what I am talking about when it comes up. HAHA!

Casey said...

I think the majority of the conversations I have with Jeff are actually conversations with myself.

Will said...

Maybe he was watching TV in his head . . .

Em said...

i love that he continually gives me more ammo........

Lisa said...

I think this situation is a microcosm of communication in marriage. I echo Casey's comments-I feel like i'm having conversations with myself half the time. It is a hollow feeling!

Team Clark said...

Mieka, that's hilarious!