Wednesday, March 5, 2008

feeding seat options?

I got the funniest call from Paul today. First a little background. We've been feeding Dane cereal the last couple of days but he hasn't really been loving it. We bought him a new highchair so he had a good place to eat. Well, after watching him squirm in the highchair I thought maybe he wasn't liking the cereal because he didn't like his seat - two unfamiliar items at once was too big of an adjustment.

I decided to try feeding him in the bouncer/vibrating seat which he loves. It worked. He ate almost all of his cereal. Since Paul was gone last night when I did this I told him about it and suggested he try it when he feeds Dane while I'm at work. Now you have the background.

Paul called me while I was at work. Here is the conversation.
p - "Mieka, didn't you say to feed Dane in his jumper?"
m - "No. I said in his bouncer/vibrating chair. Why?"
p - "Oh. That makes more sense. I was wondering how you fed him in the jumper because it is really hard."
m -"You were trying to feed him while he was jumping?" Laughs on both sides.
p - "Yes."
Lots of laughter!

Now you take your pick. Vibrating seat or...
jumper with super excited boy jumping all over the place.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I want to see him try and feed him in the jumper!!

Em said...

HAHAHA, that's awesome! I don't know which story is more humorous, feeding baby in bouncer or diesel story.........

Will said...

That was funny. I'm looking forward to seeing how Sierra likes the solid food when the time comes.