Sunday, April 20, 2008

daddy daycare

So, this week was the first full week that Paul has watched Dane in about a month. Since he'd been so sick I was taking Dane to different family and friends to help out. Paul does an amazing job with Dane but sometimes I have to turn a blind eye to some things he does. When he watches Dane, he'll do things different than I would normally do, and I just have to accept that and not criticize or tell him what to do, just as I don't want him to tell me how to parent. Here are a few photos of things Paul does with Dane while i'm not around.

Yep - that's a banana peel my son is chewing! Paul called me at work, so proud of himself for doing this, and knowing that i wouldn't approve but since I was at work there was nothing i could do about it. When I asked him why he did it, he responded "Well, every morning a have a banana and Dane always reaches for it. So today I decided to give it to him." I guess he likes it! Gross!
Like father like son. He is already getting a strong attachment to the remote.
My kids, just hangin out on my bed.

2 comments:

Em said...

optical illusion, but sammy looks huge......

Will said...

Good insight Mieka. Letting us do weird things helps us enjoy running things when we get to.