Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Grandma time


Paul's mom came into town last week to see her new grandson. And she did as most grandma's do, spoiled Dane to death. He's wearing one of the new outfits she bought. On one of our shopping excursions, we had a little accident and the new mom was not as prepared as she should have been. As we were picking up lunch Dane made it clear his diaper needed to be changed. While we were in the drive thru I started to change him. Let's just say that I didn't know poo could shoot out of something so small and with such force. I was standing outside of the car and it not only hit me but flew past me! Amazing!!! Having Grandma here was not only good bonding for her and Dane, but it also gave me some extra time to sleep. Every morning Mychele would take Dane after his 6 am feeding so i could go back to bed until 9. At first I felt guilty but my guilt lasted as long as it took me to walk back to my room and my head to hit the pillow. :) Plus, I know Mychele enjoyed those quiet moments with him.




2 comments:

Kristin said...

The blessings and curses of being a parent :)

I had my mom watch Jason for me at night so that I could sleep. I felt no guilt, I knew that when she left it was just Will and I.

Cute pics.

Will said...

Poo = Ewwww!